Friday 2 July 2010

Buggeration. Missed Bridport deadline.

I am sitting here head hung, hands writhing over each other behind my back, well..no I'm not, because I need to type but rest assured my inner critic has tutted. Loudly. He's good at that, he has a clipboard that he taps I'm sure. Paramount Comedy Pearl? Clicketly clickety..

I missed the deadline for The Bridport Prize! I didn't want to send in any old thing, I didn't prioritise quite right..and a few awkward shifts fell on my lap at work and that was that. I blame work for missing out on many things, like beer gardens and cream teas-I'd like to up my quota of those, but I actually enjoy it. Still. I'm excited for those who have submitted to the Bridport, and will eagerly await tracking down winners so I can sniff out their offerings.

Mslexia's Poetry Competition closes on the 26th July. I have a few poems I'm working on for entry. The 'voice' is there, and the plot, but things aren't sounding right, and I don't want to over-tweak so I'm looking at new styles. Watch this space as I run short of time in a week :)

This year's judge is Vicki Feaver; She's a genius of Juxtaposition, who tackles 'meaty' themes, and humanises legends and perpherial things. A particular favourite of mine is Glow-worm; and this subtextual verse-
('We still haven't touched,
only lain side by side
the half stories of our half lives.')
Look her up. This is from The Book of Blood, but theres a lot on the old interwebz too, as I'm sure you've figured by now.. Poems. 26th July. Take your places, when the whistles sounds. Go.

1 comment:

  1. Yes , great word Tu Mujhe MaaKaise Zinda Reh Paunga Main Tere BaghairKabhi Fursat Mile Mujhe Tu Ye To Bata MaaZindagi Play BazaarTune To Meri Roshan Kar DiLekin Khud Kiss Andhere Mein Kho Gayi Tu MaaKabhi To Khila Mujhe Apne Hath Ki RotiAaj Kal Bhukh Bahoth Lagthi Hai Mujhe MaaKahaan Ho Tum, Aa Kar Lagalo Gale Iss Bebas Prince KoNa Jane Kis Kaash Main Nikal Jaye Meri Saans Maa Zindagi Mein Kuch Paya Aur Kuch KhoyaLekin Tujhe Khona Nhi Chahta MaaZindagi Ne Kabhi Hasaya Aur Kabhi RulayaLakin Tujhe Rulana Nhi Satta KingChahta MaaYaad Aati Hai Bahot Tere Bachpan Ki Wo LoryIsi Liye Teri God K Elawa Kahin Aur Sona Nhi Chahta MaaKitna Daanta Tha Tune Bachpan MeinAb Q.

    ReplyDelete