Sunday 18 July 2010

Things I've been doing when I could have been saving the world from death by Jordan 'novels'. Ooh me-bitch.

  • I bought the nestle Cheerios Clusters cereal, partially because of the advert, partially because of their end-stand staging in the supermarket. I used to know all the fidgety details of quality marketing. I've forgotten. Maybe I'll chase down that vocabulary again one day. The cereal was routinely digestible, but obviously didn't live up to the cartoon wonder of its pastel coloured, bouncy balloon characterisations. If I call the consumer hot line..I wonder if I could speak to them directly..(returns to reality) I also bought the new Lasagne sandwich Tesco's are trialling. I am not a fan of Tesco's, but this isn't the time and place. Try one I'd say
  • I have been waking up to notice random bruising on my body, obtained during working hours and appearing overnight. I am running around like..*avoids cliche* *avoids gossip mag worthy dig at say John Terry* a half brained intern at work. Literally running onto doors and furniture with my hips and my thighs and other gym-resistant bits
  • I was wanting to cry when it rained on St Swithins Day. 40 days of grey? Please no. Wikipedia offers some interesting information about the proverb and the saint. I thought of all the stories that might indulge in this; a historical background to some good old pathetic fallacy. ( A literary term for weather reflecting mood/nature like people I haven't been an English student for so long I had to look this up) I may jot something, but I recall One Day By David Nicholls, which revolves around July 15th. I recommend a read, and a bit of adoring.

  • I read ;

'chick-lit'. It astounds me how formulaic the genre can be, and how addictive.




  • I am reading;
I don't want to describe the book, or compare the style or subject to anything else, but if anyone has read it, I'd happily discuss it. ( I will say its Published by Tindal Street Press. If I am deliberating over a book,and it is with a smaller publisher, that clinches it for me. And Tindal are tiny, relatively.)


I have been doing other things; for example I have been brushing my teeth and tutting at text messages. Sporadically 'courting', not sorting out my wardrobe, not returning my library books and buying tea cups. I haven't been writing much, but I've produced a few shorts, I'm writing essay/articles currently for work, but that's not uninspiring. I'm considering volunteering as a reader-helper in primary schools, and I'm dusting off my camera and hoping I'll be whisked away before the 'summer 'ends.

Oh and I'm rambling. Always. I will try to post more regularly, write more often, and tan more easily. I do, like we all do, have a lot on my plate, but it helps that I am usually greedy. Good day!

6 comments:

  1. I read Tell it to the Bees a month or 2 ago. The writer comes into the place where I work every so often but I haven't been brave enough to say 'Hello, I just read your book' yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh * buzzes with wanting to talk about it* I just wrote Buzz without intending a pun, doh! You should say something, write a note on a reciept or..something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yeah 'I know who you are'.

    There was a little controversy, a little, because Tindal St put a quote on the cover from *The* Observer - turned out it wasn't *The* Observer, but something like 'The West Sussex Observer', not at all the same... *The* Observer were a little peed off at that.

    Have you finished yet? You like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet the west sussex lot were feeling smug. Well at lest we read the bok, not just looked at the front cover! Maybe they weren't thinking that,maybe they were sheepish, who knows.

    I've finished it. I really,really liked it but the ending felt..it didnt really settle me if that makes sense? Such a brilliant book though, it made me cry..I don't want to discuss points in case people see and it spoils it. What did you think of it?! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. *The* Observer seemed more annoyed at Tindal St than anything else - if they knew what they were doing it's false advertising. The Observer said they hoped that if a 2nd edition came out it would been rectified.

    But yes - I liked it, I really did. More than I expected to actually, because it was a gift from another Yorkie and he didn't realise we 'knew' the writer either. He works in the same place, and when we saw her pic in the back of the book we were like 'aaah!' then connected it with the Observer thing too.

    This isn't a reflection on the book, I don't think it is at least - but I can't remember how I felt about the ending. I only read it 2 or 3 months ago, and though I remember all that happened I can't recall what I thought about the end. Weird.

    Overall though I know I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True lines Sirath se pyar krthe hai,jis par jaan hum apni nishawar krthe hai,kehne ko tho sabi Ashiq kehte hai, Play BazaarMagar Hum wo Ashiq haijo apni mehboob ki izaat k khatirhum apni Mohbbt b chupa sakte hai.Ye Ashiq ki hai nayi daastan,sun k sabi log hogaye pareshaan,mohabt ki ladayi me jeet hi gaya tha wo,apni mehbooba ko gar le aya tha wo,khusi se tho ek din beet gaya,Dusre hi din wo Late bangaya,sare barathi hogaye Aya dour ab Naye AshiQ Kapurane Ashiqo ne azamana chaha?batao kya kr sakte ho tum apni mehbooba k liye?hum ne tho Qurbaan kr di thi Jaan un k liyeSun k sawal New Satta King Ashiq hass padabola jo dard sahaa hai tumne uska waqt kam thabola hum ne tho guzari dard bari zindagi aisilo sunatha hoon Aap beethi apniun k liye my apni sari Umar guzar dikhoon k Asansu the jo rukne k intezar me guzaariisi dauraan chali gayi benaayeei hamarimagar wo ab tak b lout k na ayi

    ReplyDelete