Sunday 27 June 2010

Everyday I don't.



I would hate to discredit the genius of Elvis Costello- Everyday I write the book;









but I am not finding this to be a personal truth.Almost every day I doodle, look at pretty pictures in glossy magazines, surf the Internet, daydream in the bath,and brew tea; sometimes I even go to work or into the city with friends. I don't seem to be writing the flash, the story, the novella..never mind the bloody book! Still, lets not curse the journey.


Hello. I'm here to make sure I am at least writing. Gobbledygook or not, I'll share. I'm hoping to get back into photography as well, but we'll have to see.


There are quite a few interesting writing competitions about to close, primarily; The Bridport Prize, The Writers Bureau Competition, and Mslexia's annual poetry competition. (NB Only inviting poetry, from women) I will submit this year.Definitely, or I'll have to admit I haven't publicly on here and that would shrink my soul. Demons celebrating time-wasting and poorly organised to-do lists would take my picture maybe, with something wonderful like this.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl,

    When I started my blog last year it definitely prompted me to send more stuff out - just having a 'Places I've subbed to' section in my sidebar gave me an incentive.

    Good luck with procrastinating less. I tend to go in cycles, a few weeks being ultra productive, a few being less so. I reckon I need it to be like that, for now anyway.

    And heaps of luck with any competitions/prizes you sub to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! UInfortunately..'time management' is an issue. Or maybe it isin't,. its just an excuse we can all relate to. The same way people appearing coincidentally late to work will breeze in together blaming traffic, ah well, theres always more.

    Your 'subbed to' sidebar is ever on the increase, I am most impressed :) Good luck with prizes/feedback x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't despair; the creative juice will come when it comes. BTW - love the lego camera!

    Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sum Our Friendship In Those 3 Cute And Lovely Words You R Damn Lucky Play Bazaar We Are Enough 2 Tell Each Other What We Feel About Our Satta King Relationship

    ReplyDelete